Saturday, October 24, 2020

Good Bye and Hello

Even though I (and family) gathered to celebrate and wave bye to my brother-in-law, Roscoe, I got to really say hello to my sister who is now in a memory center.  I have not seen her since March and have been sending cards to her.   With this Covid 19 mess, I was so afraid I would not be able to see her.  It was so good to see, hug and give her love face to face. I believe it was good for her to see and be with family as well.

Of course there are fewer times now in life when families gather and funerals are one of them.  It was good to see extended families and old friends.  

In our case, Roscoe was just a down to earth, good person.  I truly believe there is no one that could or would have had a bad thing to say about him.  He was a pillar of our family and the community, not a politician or someone involved with every aspect of the community.  Just a solid member of society.  He was a mentor to so many, especially family members.  He definitely had a life to be celebrated and will be missed in our lives.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment