Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Trip From AZ to IL

 Wow...U-Haul.  On August 26th I reserved a 26' truck and a car dolly.  I sold sooooo many things for this to work.  The night (NIGHT) before I was to pick up the truck I get a notice there is a problem  I did not see this message until really early on the 30th, when I was scheduled to pick up.  They sent me to Maricopa to pick up a 20' truck.  When I got there it was not available because it was broken.  Was supposedly noted on the main U-Haul "traffic" center.  So ended up getting the truck at the U-Haul center on Gilbert Rd.  Had to rescheduled twice the Two Men and a Truck packers that morning.  After having them load the truck I had to cancel the car dolly and rent a trailer to pull behind the truck.  The packers were now gone and my son and I loaded it.

Next morning I pick up son-in-law at airport, fill up the vehicles, yes, the truck and car because now I have to drive the car and double the gas cost.

I'm sure you can tell by reading this that U-Haul is definitely on "the" list.  The personnel were actually just trying to help me and I do think it is their system that is broken.

Trip was good except for a flat tire in Missouri on the trailer.

So, left AZ on Thursday, October 1st and got into Mundelein, IL on Saturday evening, October 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment