Sunday, November 14, 2021

True Friends

I would hope that everyone has had or have that one or two true friend and going both ways are so giving and willing to receive as well.

i have this one friend that I went to school with.  Kept in close contact throughout after school years and adult years.  Can call at anytime for anything.  Always there, like we see each other every day even though not close in proximity to each other.

Another friend that she and her husband were actually my work boss but so close to Ron and I.  We did so much together.  I have loss my Ron and she has lost her Ron.  She does not live close, however this is a friend that we can talk once a year and it's like we live next door to each other.  We have both moved closer to our families, but we will always be close.

I still have lunch or get together with a very dear, elegant lady that I worked with.  She is everything I wished I was...tall, thin, pretty without all the artificial stuff, gentle, caring and so giving.  She will always be there for whatever is needed.  We talk about everything.  I always feel so calm when we meet and that she truly cares.  No, she's not perfect and I get to listen as well which means we are so much alike in so many ways.

My last boss and his wife are also very dear friends.  We don't get together as much as we would like but when we do we talk about everything.  I love that, talking about everything, not just held to one subject, etc.  They too are so nice and treat me with such true caring.  I love getting cards from them with notes of hope and uplifting words.

Then there is our best friends/neighbors.  We were like so different, yet so much the same.  We did so much together.  We were considered "first responders" to each other.  They were there for when Ron died and there after for me.  I could always depend on them for anything.  We are separated by many miles, yet still so close.  

And than my two besties.  Who would have thought that one of my former bosses and her husband would be my best friends.  I can ask anything of them.  They treat me as if I was their family (maybe closer than family).  All I have to do is ask and not ask any they are there for me.  There is so much to say...

My family is my family, but my friends are priceless and I am so privileged to have collected so many over the years.  And it seems that I have had the privilege to work with so many good, caring people...as Yoda would say..."so lucky have been I"

No comments:

Post a Comment