Saturday, November 27, 2021

Dogs and Cats

I can remember having a dog growing up on the farm.  Mostly a Collie.  Not like now days, dogs were not kept inside and our dogs never were given dog food bought at the store, only food scrapes from the table.

We also had a huge tom cat.  He was not fixed so at night he roamed outside.  He was a scrapper, as many times when the next day came you could tell he had been in a "cat" fight the night before.  However, I remember my siblings, etc. also dressed this huge cat in doll clothes and lugged him all around.  He was so gentle.  He loved to be held and purrrrrrrrred like a kitten.

We also had barn cats (probably some of those messing with Tom Cat) that we chased all around the hay loft.  They usually tried to avoid us and were not friendly.  They were there to keep the mice, etc. population down to nothing and did a good job.

We had other animals on the farm, some I was too young to remember and some I just have forgotten.  I remember at one time having sheep, hogs, cattle, etc.  Of course I always wanted to have a pony but we never had one of them.

We did have a lot of fun just growing up on the farm.  Plenty of trees to climb and a barn and barn loft as our playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment