Sunday, April 17, 2011

Birthdays

Boy...you want to continue to have them but sometimes they are not what you want. Mine started out a little rough but ended up fine.

You can never depend on others to make your special day special...YOU have to make it special. Sometimes that is hard to do because you don't want to disappoint others.

This year Ron gave me a very expensive present without kinowing it. Edie, my best friend from Southern Arizona...around the Benson/Wilcox area,and I went garage selling (I think that should be saling not selling). Anyway we found a lot of bargains (we used to do this almost every Saturday when she lived here) and Ron had added $5 to my dollars before we left. At this garage sale there were a lot of cute things, very young gal...and she had a cute purse (pink stripped) and Edie was picking it up. I said that was really cool and I had been looking for something that size. It had $5 on it. I said "$5...maybe $4...what do you think?" Edie said pay the $5. So I did. When we got in the car she said wow that is a Kate Spade purse...which meant nothing to me. When we got home and checked on line this purse is worth about $350-$400 dollars....WHAT....there is no way.

So, I found out that Edie is definitely a purse fanatic (or whatever you would call someone that knows all about expensive purses and there's another story about that) and Ron bought me a very expensive gift without knowing it.

That was fun...old days brought back. Ron and I ate out and the day was successful....oh, and my grandkids all wished me a Happy Birthday...what more could you ask for!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment