Friday, December 11, 2009

Makes You Really Think

Last week I went to a funeral of a young man...43 years old...who was healthy, happy...at the right place in his life!!!! But on Thanksgiving day, he did not feel well, laid down and died....a fatal heart attack. What a shock to everyone, especially his family and loved ones. I did not personally know him but he was involved with a co-worker for a few years who will be in shock for a long time.

It was like most funerals...comments from family, a video, friends, lifting of balloons, etc. but when I left I thought all the way back to work...what will they say about me!

Have I been...am I a good person? Will people have nice things to say about me? Will I really be missed? Will I have left an impression...will "they" know I have been here? Have I given back enough? The questions just continued on and on.

I think at times we all ask ourselves these questions, however, maybe we should ask and live them every day. You just never know......

1 comment:

  1. I've thought about that a lot. Would I even be missed, would anyone think about me, would I have made a difference at all. That's why I ALWAYS go to the funeral. In the end, I hope that I would have 'touched' enough people for them to want to 'send me off', etc.

    ReplyDelete