Thursday, December 3, 2009

Interesting....

Last night our woman's group (GFWC) had our Christmas party and exchange. 31 attended, it was very nice.

When we were ready to exchange gifts, Celene, our President, had us get in a circle and read a little story about the "Right" family. Now when she said the word "Right" we were to pass a gift to our right and when she said the word "Left" we were to pass the gift to the left. Needless to say there were a lot of rights and lefts so we were constantly passing the gifts back and forth. I knew there was the new Nicholas Sparks book (The Last Song) in a bag, way on the other side of the room. I HAD the bag right before the last "Right"!!!! However, guess what I ended up with...a beautiful pink heart ornament with the breast cancer ribbon inside it. How appropriate. I was very pleased. But, isn't that funny that what I really wanted was right there, but it wasn't the "Right" gift for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment