Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend

I am so looking forward to this Labor Day Weekend. Ron and I are going South to visit our friends, Earl and Edie in the Benson/Wilcox area.

It has been a while since we have been together. We are planning to go to Bisbee for a day of events and than the next day we are going to ride horses for about an hour at a ranch just down from them. If you check my bucket list that is one item I have been wanting to do for a while. I think an hour in the saddle will probably be more than enough for my bottom!! Edie and Earl have both been around horses forever. Now, Ron...not exactly a horse person...so I'm sure he'll wait for us in the ranch's cantina talking to the owners and visitors. He'll have a whole new bunch of friends when we get back! :)

It will be nice to sit out on their screened- in porch in the evening with a glass of wine (morning too with a cup of coffee) and just enjoy the quiet. It is so peaceful there. Just catching up on each other's lives will be fun.

I hope you all enjoy your weekend as well!! :):):)

1 comment:

  1. Donna,
    Thank you for recommending "To Lead is to Serve." (Google alerts let me know.) And thank you for being a beautiful example of the philosophy.

    "Our job is not to get people to do what we want them to do. Our job is to make it possible for others to succeed."

    Shar McBee
    www.JoyofLeadership.com

    ReplyDelete