Monday, August 31, 2009

Growing Up Too Fast!

Why do they grow up so fast???? I know that's life and we really do want them to grow up but it just seems to happen way too fast.

I love the baby stage...you hold them and hug and they totally depend on you. They blow up your heart so full of feelings.

I love the toddler stage (okay not the tantrums) where they follow you around and babble and hug and love on you. Entertainment to them are faces made, noise from the toys...peep-a-boo.

I love this child stage where they are full of questions and expressions (and not the tantrums) and look to you as if you know everything there is to know. They still like to give hugs and kisses and say I love you. They amaze you with what they say and can do.

Tantrums are part of their growing up process. My sister once told me while Jennifer was having a tantrum "... let her have it. She has a right to her feelings too. Don't you get mad sometimes...say things...perhaps throw things? AND...you as an adult know better...so let her have her moment (not an hour, etc.)"

I dread the time when they are too busy to stop and talk or give those hugs and kisses. When you know they love you and they know you love them but there just isn't time to express it.

Like I keep saying...Grandkids are the best!!! :):):)

No comments:

Post a Comment