Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Nervous

I never thought I would be standing in front of a lot of people...talking...giving a presentation. Yes, I have talked in meetings, voiced my opinions, explained a project, etc. etc. But to actually get up and speak...scary!!!

So, next week that is exactly what I will be doing. I am going to present to the Desert Fly Casting Club members a power point presentation and small talk about Castining for Recovery. It's easy to talk about CFR...it's a wonderful program. But, I can just see my tongue getting in the way of the words...my brain racing the words down before I can get them out...perspiration running down my back...you know...and I really don't want to imagine all of them in their underwear!!!! :):):)

I have a week to prepare. I am fortunate though that my mentor, Shirley, will be doing the same presentation to our GFWC meeting prior to the DFC meeting so I plan to copy as much of her presentation as possible. That does smooth my nerves a bit!!

Really, the power point presentation will speak for itself and for me. Shirley does a wonderful job of putting together the right information with the right photos that really does tell the story of CFR.

So...I'll report back how I did!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment