Friday, April 24, 2009

Breast Cancer, CFR, Etc.

Well...just 21 days left before the 2009 CFR Retreat occurs. There is so much preparation that goes into the retreat before it even happens. Everyone involved are wonderful. They give 100%. The fourteen breast cancer survivors have been chosen and are in for one of the best weekends of their lives.

I have given two "little" speeches and have found those groups to be VERY caring and generous. I would say that they were touched not so much about my speech but by the cause I have chosen to support.

There are soooooo many great causes out there that really need help. Sometimes I think maybe others are more deserving and maybe I shouldn't ask for some things so others can receive those donations. Then I think that each of us have to decide how to give back to our communities and to ourselves. Yes, there are many great causes but we each need to pick out one, or more, that touches us and calls to us for assistance. One that you are passionate about, one that you feel you can really make that difference.

My family has been touched by many diseases as are other families. I have chosen Breast Cancer as my special cause. That does not mean that I do not give to others or assist in others but this is my main cause. I am a 5 year survivor. My neice died from Breast Cancer. I am amazed by how many survivors surround me.

I also support Komen for all of the research and grants that they provide that would not be possible without them. But we are still getting Breast Cancer. There is no cure. So I will fight for the survivors and have chosen Casting for Recovery to truly support as it is a recovery/wellness program for those survivors.

Just needed to say that I guess!!! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment