Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Gardening

Gardening is a lot of work. My husband has been working at growing tomatoes in Arizona ever since we moved here in 1979. Usually the little cherry or pearson tomatoes would grow but not the type that you grow in Indiana where you taste the dirt...it's a good taste!
This year our little ones helped so our onion and carrot rolls really need to be weeded out a bit and we have a few seeds intermingled. But we have tomatoes...good ones. And, onions, beets, peas, anise, lettuce, peppers, bay leaves, carrots...and they are all big enough to eat! Ron does most of the work but I do occasionally do some weeding and watering and I was there for the planting.
You forget how as a child everyone had a garden, a big one and they ate from it. I don't remember my mom buying vegetables at the store. And, I do remember those big, dirt tasting, bright red tomatoes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment