Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Earlier: Do I or Don't I? Now: I Don't but I Do...Confused?

Earlier in my blog I had mentioned it was time to start thinking about our 4th Annual BUNCO for Breast Cancer Survivor event that supports Casting for Recovery. Get out the boxes, go thru the supplies, make lists. Due to the economic conditions I have decided that we will skip this year. I am a bit bummed. It was a lot of work but it was so much fun too. I have so many interested in not only donating to the event but participating too. My family and friends have been involved and so helpful as well. However,

I am still busy working with my various generous donators from the past years...and they have been and still are so generous. I already have received some items donated from them. This year these items will go toward the CFR retreat's Sunday drawing for the participants.

The retreat planning is moving along. There is so much to do in order for this retreat to happen. The women involved are all very strong, positive, and successful and put all this together to bring about the retreat for fourteen very deserving breast cancer survivors. There are no egos, no attitudes, there is only harmony...working together, being caring and supportive and making sure that each and every participant knows and feels how special they each are during their journey. This is what I felt when I attended in 2006. I knew they were there for me not for themselves. However, in reality you do get back...you cannot put a name on how you feel after having met and talked with these women....the tears of both sadness and joy. The strength they all have...we all have in order to complete our journeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment