Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Aging Thoughts

I had a very dear friend send me a "Maxine" cartoon with a little paragraph or two about aging. Of course the cartoon was funny and so typical Maxine, but the writing was about appreciating aging. With aging there are some rights that you deserve and there are some rights you take that you shouldn't. I know that pain, aches and hurts come with aging but that does not give you the right to be hurtful to others. That gives you the right to complain, waddle if it feels better, wear those comfortable shoes and clothes that aren't in fashion. Eat when you want, stay up playing computer games all night or sleeping thru the Tonight Show.
Too many times I have been around the aging when it's very hard to have respect. They haven't found the joy in aging. I know...joy? Without aging you wouldn't have had the experiences, the memories, the life and for us our grandchildren. Travels, friends, adventures and yes illnesses, tears, and fears. That is what we are about...all of that put together makes us who we are...while aging.
I know...some thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment