Tuesday, December 22, 2020

PRE-CHRISTMAS

 Well, this will be a different Christmas...in Illinois instead of Arizona, weather (not much different this year), missing family and friends, and seem to be missing Ron more this year than in the past.

Shopping is all done, however, I am a bit sad that I did not get Christmas cards mailed out this year.  I intend to do a facebook and text card to all, however I have found that I enjoy getting letters, cards.  We are so used to instant gradifications that no one writes letters now.  A dear friend of mine and me are now writing to each other and it is exciting getting those letters.

It's the same thing with cell phones.  In that far past nothing (well most things) was so urgent that you had to leave a message or get in touch with someone instantly.  Than message machines were kind of cool in that you could at least let them know you called and why.  Now, where ever you are you are available.  I have to agree that that instant gradification is nice and emergencies are handled.  We feel lost when we do not have that phone on us.  And computers and TVs along with the phones are constant without breaks and are very addictive.

Oh well...........three more days to Christmas....the day of blessings and hopes filled and to look forward to in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment