Monday, November 30, 2020

The NEW way

 I know I am old in so many ways.  Right now during the holidays is a definite reality.  Why go out to the stores.  You can do everything on line now.  AND, in many ways it is actually cheaper.  You review options, order and pay for it, and it can be shipped free...delivered to your door and you don't have to leave your house, let along your chair.

I like to go to the store.  Walk around and literally "touch" everything, try on clothing, shoes, etc.  Interaction with sales people and the cashiers.  I agreed with the very impersonal self checking  is saving money for the company.  BUT, I also agree that I do not work there and do not really want to replace a cashier and do my own check out, put in paper or plastic, etc.  And 8 times out of 10 everything works perfect, however that one time is usually a night mare.

I worry that all of the changes, due to the pandamic, etc. is making us more isolated than ever.  Do not interact with human beings, use the machines, stay at home.  ISOLATION.  

On well, here's one of my favorite sayings:  It is what it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment