Sunday, October 5, 2014

This and That

Not the post I started. It was bit of a whine so erased and doing something different. The weather has started cooling off and it is outdoor time. Cleaning out the front of the house where all the tea roses were. Been there too long and needed to be replaced. Took half them out and replanted in the back. Planted two lantana plants which will spread out nicely. Will finish taking out the rest and plant more lantana next weekend. Lot of work and wore me out so doing half at a time. Decided to do more of a flower garden than vegetables for the winter garden. Got my geraniums and plants. Ron and I always had them every year. Might go back and get some more. My spider plants are doing great as well as most of the other flowers. Guess it kind of helps when you water them regularly! HA HA! Love the rain...it has made the grass grow and everything is green. Yep...got to mow more but I keep thinking of it as exercise! Wears me out but that's okay. In fact had to buy a new spade...oh my word...how old was ours? Might have to buy a new wheelbarrel too...might just buy a new tire...so many decisions!!!! Got to get after the big tree in the front yard too. It is really overgrown and I need to cut some large limbs so will have a lot of work in not just cutting them but getting them cut up and either pitched or burned. Well, that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment