Monday, January 6, 2014

The Gate

I decided there needs to be a gate between the patio/back yard and my attached garage. Especially with Jarvis' ability to walk out when I put my car in the garage and the door is up. So, Sunday I decided to put up a gate. We did have one there at one time but moved it to the garden opening.

We went to Home Depot first, lots of helpers but didn't have what I was looking for. Next we went to Lowe's. Had a problem getting some assistance but found exactly what I wanted. I bought a decorative metal Window Guard, hinges and a 2/2/8 piece of lumber.

 Ron would be so proud of me. I measured (over and over), cut the wood, drilled holes and attached the wood to the metal. Put the hinges on and hung the gate. I have to get the latch completed but I could not believe I did it myself. I now know why you have two drills to use at the same time....one for the drilling and one for the screwing. So helpful.

 I usually have very little patience with things and tend to rush through and mess up a bit. But not with the gate. I knew exactly how I wanted it, did not cut corners and did it. I know....no photos, they are coming, I promise.

Another project completed!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment