Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Happy Administrative Assistant Day

One of the many changes in the business world has been name/title changes from individuals to departments.
So today, Administrative Assistant Day (it was Secretary Day) is for all of you out there that do the grunt work...office wise. Everything from travel, appointments, meetings, fixing the various machines, ordering all kinds of supplies, moving of furniture, computers, files...being a plummer and an electrician and all kinds of other professions along with your regular duties. I sometimes have to really laugh when applying in the past for the "secretary" position and the pay for the position knowing that you do everything from fixing coffee to plunging the toilets..."... and you are going to pay me WHAT"!!!?

However, that is my profession. I have been a secretary/assistant for over 30 years. Sometimes I am amazed at what all I get done and how organized and un-organized I can be at the same time. I do need order and get a little uneasy when there is no order...that is my "Type" personality.

Overall, it's been a very good profession for me. I feel I am successful at what I do and look forward to retirement in the near future. All the skills I have learned over the years I can and do apply to everything in my life.

Happy Admin Assistant Day to all of you "just" secretaries out there. We all know who the real boss is!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment