Thursday, March 4, 2010

SUCCESS

OMG...the International Sportsmen Expo was a HUGE success. Our booth was three rows from the pond where they were having fly casting displays and contests. We met soooooooo many wonderful peope from such a wide variety of sports. And of course the fly fishing community was there. Our booth must have become known as the "HUG" booth...I know everyone knew where the "pink" ladies were located!!!

It is just amazing how many people are and have been touched by Breast Cancer. The weekend was a lot about hope. I am 7 years out. Anyone over 7 years is my hope...AND...I am hope for anyone under 7 years...and of course there were tears and hugs!

I got a lot of stuff for our retreat and events coming up and am still amazed by the generosity of so many. Reminds me of attending the "Pink Out" at Skyline High School last month. All you hear about are the "bad" teens. Let me tell you...that night I met a lot of "wonderful" teens.

I am a talker and really don't know too many strangers. I have to leave you with this one happening. As we were leaving Friday night I ran into one of the security guards. Very nice man. I asked if he had seen the "Night at the Museum" movie...about how many "mounted" animals were in the building and I hoped there weren't too many noises. We both had a big laugh...however....I sure would not have wanted to be there all night by myself with all of those animals!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad it was a big success! You really worked hard at it!

    ReplyDelete