Sunday, October 18, 2009

In Life

You know how you find out what you DON'T want to do in life as a living...it's pretty easy...you either help out or actually do the job and you find out pretty quick.

I know for a fact that I DON'T want to grow up and to this for a living:

Lay tile...prep for it, buy it, lay it, grout it, clean up after it!

Hand wash cars...rinse, wash, dry, do windows, clean inside!

Yard/Garden...prep the soil, plant, mow or weed...constantly...any maybe have something to eat or looks great!

Sew...pick out the right material/actually know how much to buy...cut it out correctly...put it together and sew it together so that the finish product actually is or looks like something you could really wear or use!

Build using wood...here again, know the right material and how much to buy...measure correctly...cut correctly and have it really look like what you want...measure a hundred times-cut once!

Child care...I LOVE my little ones more than anything in life...but if taking care of children was my job I would sure need a lot more patience and imagination!

Okay, these aren't many AND when you only do them once and a while it's not too bad. I love how our tile looks, and how the yard and garden look, and little ones are the best, and how little projects of sewing and bulding comes out BUT these are mostly projects that Ron does and I just help (yes he even uses the sewing machine) but again, if I had to do them for a living...I wouldn't.

I'm sure we all have found out areas that we just would not excell at or even be able to make a living doing.

Just some thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment