Friday, September 11, 2009

Vacation

Here I go again...trying to make up my mind on what to do. This time it is vacation. Ron would love to just get in the car and go...maybe have an idea of where, etc. but than, maybe not. I have to be using up some of my PTO (paid time off) from work.

For some reason I just don't want to travel this time. I came up with this idea that we spend the money we would spend on a vacation on doing the things around the house that needs to be done with that money and time. For some reason Ron was not hot on that idea. However, I do think he is warming up to it a little. Hey, he'll have help...me...instead of doing it on the weekends or during the week by himself. And it needs to be done anyway.

We have to replace our floor. Well, we don't have to but we put down the wood parkcay (sp) and we've had a couple of water leaks and thus the floor has buckled up in a few places. That pretty much did it for Ron. So we are taking it all up and putting down tile. This is something we can do so the cost is just the materials.

We have the door to enclose by the garage walkway...painting the kitchen...yard work...a fire pit to build...a garage to clean out and maybe paint the floor, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Anyway we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment