Thursday, June 11, 2009

Grandma and Granddaughter

So, while grandpa and grandson are in Pine Top, it was a good time for Jocie and me to have an evening. Her dad delivered her to me at work and of course she had to say hello to everyone as we walked thru the building to my car. I believe she gathered some chocolate on that walk! :) Of course the first thing we did was go shopping. Joe loves to shop BUT Jocie is just as eager to look and buy. She especially likes to carry the stuff around. Afterall most of it is hers!!
We found some really cute outfits and at a great price. Than home to get our jammies on, which she was very proud that she was able to put them on herself without any help from grandma. Than dinner...mac and cheese AND a diet pepsi. Neither of the kids drink much pop anymore so this was a bit of a treat. We cleaned up the dishes and than on to the most important time of the night...NAILS!!!! Pink of course. We put two coats, toes and fingers. She thought I should also do the pink instead of my boring "shinny brown" but understood that pink was her favorite color, not grandmas.
By that time it was bedtime. She got to sleep in grandpa's bed on his side and with me so that was pretty special.
Next morning it was up, eat breakfast, get cleaned up, dressed and off to the babysitters. She is used to doing all of this later but did really great in getting around earlier.

I love having the kids together but it is always special to have each one separate at times. They are so alike and so different in so many ways. I love that they love to give hugs and kisses and say I love you with such meaning.

I know I've said it hundreds of times but it is so true...Grandkids are the best in the world!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment