Sunday, December 21, 2014

2014

2014 Has been a very different year for me. Learning to live as a single has been the biggest change. I know lots of people do this, however this was not my choice. Learning how much stronger not as much physically but more mentally that I am and especially knowing your true friends. Lot of emotions over the year. Not only in my home life but also my work life. I have worked all of my life beginning at high school graduation. I feel I have always been a very dedicated employee. The last twenty years I have worked with Banner Health System. They are a great organization with a lot of growing pains and changes. The changes, especially in the electronic world can be very overwhelming. So, the BIG news for the end of 2014 and the beginning of 2015 is that I, Donna Fischer, am actually going to retire! I know, it is a bit unbelievable for me too. Ron would be proud of me and I hear his encouragement all the time. Yep, a little scary too. Another change, Jennifer and her family have moved to Chicago (NW side of). I miss them more than words can say. It is good for them and I am happy for them. AND, of course, vacation location in the HOT summer!!! I am pleased that Matt and his family are here with me and I will be able to visit with them more. They might get tired of seeing me! :) I don't feel old and when I address myself as an ole lady and I always say not OLD but OLE! So, 2015 is coming in strong with a lot more changes happening in my life. I am looking at possibly selling the home. It will be very difficult leaving this place. Ron and I both worked very hard on it and every time I sit on the patio and look over everything I...well you know. However, there is lots to be done before that can happen so I will be busy. I am going to enjoy visits from family in the Spring and am really looking forward to that. I won't be as good a tourist guide as Ron was but there is so much to see in Arizona that is so different from Indiana and I think I will be ok. I look forward to spending more time with friends (lots who are also retiring) that I couldn't while working. Maybe a little travel, however, again, Ron was the traveler and driver. Think I might be flying, not driving! I also look forward, at least for a while, to no time frame/limits. Maybe even sleep in sometimes and not worry about being Late! AND, I am really going to blog more. I know I said that last time, however....I should have more time. Well that is it for 2014. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment