Monday, August 9, 2010

STRESS --- REST

I love it when people say "...you HAVE to reduce your stress!!!" Now just how do you do that? There is stress in everything you do from the time you wake up until you go to bed.

What do I wear...where are those pants...why isn't my hair doing what it should...why isn't there any bagels...man, I'm almost out of gas...okay, I'll fix the big copier, put postage in the machine...I don't know why the coffee maker doesn't work...change that meeting AGAIN!...I'll just eat these cookies for lunch...is this afternoon ever going to be over...what's with all the traffic...so there's a cop...you just keep driving, you don't stop...I just want to lay on the couch...where's my energy...it's time for bed already...I've been to sleep on the couch how long...etc...etc...etc...etc.?

Is it just me or can any or all of the above cause stress!?! I guess it is whether you let them cause the stress. It definitely helps when you stop and take a breath before moving forward with any response or task.

I will just have to do a lot of breathing and focusing on the "GOOD" happening versus the "BAD" happening at the time. I know I am not by myself and trying to stop worrying about many things is not easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment