Friday, July 31, 2009

Is it me or what?

I went to the doctor this week. My family "genes" basically suck. So I decided that I should maybe get a baseline on my heart. I do run out of breath and turn red very easily with little effort so...is this a symptom?????
Anyway, filled out all this paperwork, took it with me, turned it in and paid my co-pay and waited. No problem waiting, that's just normal. Got back in the room and got an EKG. Boy are those different now days...almost portable.
The Doctor came in pretty quick...did not have to wait long. Young (aren't they all) polite but absolutely NO bed-side manner.
He did not take the time to look at my paperwork so I'm repeating questions/answers that he could have known prior to coming into the room. He was continuously flipping around the computer while talking to me with his partial back to me.
You know...I was kind of in the situation where you're already there...what are you going to do.
I'll get my stress test and the echo-gram and see what he has to say. But, if there is something wrong, etc......nah....I don't want him taking care of me.

SO, why are the docs this way? What happened to being caring and realizing that that's what your job is...it's your career...it's what you signed up for!?? I'm not asking for a doc that is kissing my you know what....I just would like to know that while I'm there, they are interested in ME and what can they do for ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment