Monday, December 22, 2008

Spread the Word

I was in a grocery store this last weekend and a lady was in front of me with a scarf on her head. I always hesitate a bit and than I asked if she mind if I asked her a question...Are you a survivor? She said yes. I asked what kind and she said Breast Cancer. I smiled and said...5 years survivor. She said GREAT...that tells me there is hope. We gave each other a high five and chatted a little bit. She is still in her treatment stage.
This was when I gave her www.castingforrecovery.org information and suggested she go to the web site for wonderful information and signing up for the Arizona May retreat. She loves to fish and was very excited about this possibility.
It's always great to see that there is hope...not just for Breast Cancer Survivors but in all aspects of life.
Was a good day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment