Sunday, February 1, 2015

One Month Gone

No, I am not going to post a month to month update but I would say that the end of January is very important.  The first month of retirement is gone and it has been a busy one.

Of course I did the beginning of a new year cleaning.  Wow, the stuff you have that you don't know you have.  Well you do, but you ignore it.  So all the cabinets, drawers, closets, etc.  lots of things for a garage sale!  Then I started thinking about all the outside stuff that needs to be gone through.  With this I needed some help and found a wonderful young man, a friend's son-in-law and vet and he was so much help.

Next, getting ready for a garage sale.  Staging stuff on tables in the house garage is helping...can't park my car inside (what was I thinking?)  So on garage sale day I can just carry out the tables.  However there are lots of things that need to be cleaned and placed as well.  Hopefully will all be ready by the end of February or first of March.

Trying to develop habits...good habits.  Still working on the eating thing.  Tend to not stop and eat and than am munching on whatever later.  Got to definitely stop that habit.  Noticed that since I have no need to be anywhere the first of the morning it is easy to sleep in as well and stay up late.  Not sure I want that as a habit either.  So, working on all of that.

I do enjoy the ability to check various stores, etc. out that I haven't had time to do in the past.  And to see changes in areas that I have not visited for a while.  Oh and the gas mileage...wow, it's amazing how much gas I burned just going to and from work....the lower prices help too!

I wanted January to be a month of nothing....no plans, no commitments.  Do what I wanted when I wanted.  I have gotten so much done.  Now, I need to cultivate my friendships.  I have many and so different friends.  It seems like I have probably been ignoring them in January.  However, I am now ready to do more things together.  I am however, also a solo type person too and I like my freedom to do what I want so I want to keep that as well.

Well, that's it for now........




No comments:

Post a Comment